Friday, March 27, 2009


I continue walking my dark side on a leash. How far can this go? I have no idea at this time.
I am finding out interesting facts on my path to mayhem. (Sounds like a town name doesn't it? Mayhem Mississippi, home to swamp-light ghosts and catfish hunters.)
55 words, does it work? Click on the can if it is too small to read here.

Some notes........

Loki is one of the major deities in the Norse pantheon. He is a son of the giant Farbauti ("cruel striker") and the giantess Laufey. He is regarded as one of Aesir, but is on occasion their enemy. He is connected with fire and magic, and can assume many different shapes (horse, falcon, fly). He is crafty and malicious, but is also heroic: in that aspect he can be compared with the trickster from North American myths. The ambivalent god grows progressively more unpleasant, and is directly responsible for the death of Balder, the god of light.

Cream of Tartar is a natural, pure ingredient left behind after grape juice has fermented to wine.
Potassium bitartrate crystallises in wine casks during the fermentation of grape juice, and can precipitate out of wine in bottle.
This crude form (known as beeswing) is collected and purified to produce the white, odorless, acidic powder used for many culinary and other household purposes. It is also a major ingredient in baking powder.
Cream of Tartar has no aroma and has an acidic flavor.

4 comments:

tlchang said...

I now feel all educated in addition to entertained. :-)

LDahl said...

I also found out you can make Play Dough with Cream of Tarter. The grandkids have had a wonderful time with the batch I made them. :)

simon said...

well- educated and entertained? YOU BET! :O)

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Sigh. I love this blog. Everytime I come here, there's art, stories. I usually have to wait to come here because then I just want to dig in and read.

My mother was asking me what cream of tartar is made from / with / of...now I can tell her...and the story too.